- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
Bills’ Spiller out with shoulder injury
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - Bills running back C.J. Spiller will not return to Sunday's game against the Browns because of an injured left shoulder.
The NFL's leading rusher was hurt as he was tackled after catching a short pass and picking up 25 yards. Spiller was in obvious pain as he stayed on the ground for several minutes before he was helped to his feet by trainers. He grasped his left arm as he walked off the field before being carted to the locker room for further evaluation and treatment.
The Bills announced late in the second quarter that Spiller would be back.
Spiller, who has been filling in for the injured Fred Jackson, came in averaging 10.1 yards per carry and leading the league with 292 rushing yards. He scored on a 32-yard screen pass in the first quarter to give the Bills a 14-0 lead. With the TD, Spiller has scored a touchdown in six consecutive games, the longest streak by a Buffalo player since Thurman Thomas' six-game streak in 1990.
Tashard Choice replaced Spiller, who had gained 16 yards on four carries and caught two passes for 42 before he was injured.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world