- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
`MANDY PATINKIN, HOLLA!’
Claire Danes came up with the catchphrase of the night when she saluted her "Homeland" co-star during her Emmy acceptance speech thusly: "Mandy Patinkin, holla."
Danes, taking the stage after winning best actress in a drama for the Showtime series, mentioned several names before matter-of-factly calling out Patinkin in the most unexpected way.
Twitter went nuts, with many people suggesting that this saying needs to become a meme, and soon.
As the pop-culture site (at)Gawker put it: "`Mandy Patinkin, holla' is the new Angelina Jolie's leg." From New York Magazine's (at)Vulture site: "`Mandy Patinkin, holla' is the best thank-you ever." And from NPR's (at)nprmonkeysee: "If the Internet doesn't remix `Mandy Patinkin, holla' by tomorrow morning, it is a failure."
Others suggested that Jewish delis begin baking Mandy Patinkin challah. Still others made references to Patinkin's Broadway bona fides with "Evita" jokes.
If someone can figure out a way to incorporate Patinkin's famous line from "The Princess Bride" _ "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" _ then the Internet might truly be worthwhile after all.
_ Christy Lemire on Twitter: https://twitter.com/christylemire
EDITOR'S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.