- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
SHOW BITS: Hanks gets a grip; Keep the line moving
Question of the Day
“We’re going away to a romantic island together,” the red-headed British actor joked. “When that baby is ginger you guys are going to have a field day.”
The comment may have gotten some members of the press too excited, one of whom asked Danes a few moments later how she viewed the win in light of giving birth.
“Thank god I am not giving birth,” said Danes, who’s in an earlier stage of pregnancy.
The pair reunited later in another backstage area, looking very platonic and like two friends enjoying each other’s success.
KIMMEL EVENS THE SCORE
Don’t ever cross Jimmy Kimmel.
The Emmy host warmly introduced his parents, who were seated in the audience, and told viewers they had always been supportive of their son.
“They always told me I could do anything I set my mind to,” he said, “and this year I set my mind to winning the Emmy.
“And guess what? I didn’t,” he went on. “You told me I could, and I didn’t, and I’m devastated. You lied to me!”
Egged on by Tracy Morgan, who was seated beside them and stated, “I don’t trust them,” Kimmel summoned security to remove Mom and Dad from the auditorium.
“It’s OK if you Taser them if you need to,” he told the security men.
_ Frazier Moore _Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq