- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
SHOW BITS: Hanks gets a grip; Keep the line moving
Question of the Day
Her bustline had viewers’ jaws dropping and tweeters madly tweeting.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
NO BOW TIE FOR KEVIN COSTNER
Kevin Costner went against the bow tie fashion trend at this year’s Emmy Awards, sporting an open collar look that at least beat the searing heat on the red carpet.
The nominee for lead actor in a miniseries or movie for “Hatfields & McCoys” kept his arm around the waist of wife Christine Baumgartner as he arrived for the show. Asked to describe her gown, Costner said, “I can’t wait to go home and close the door.”
Stephen Colbert whipped out a blotting paper to make the sweat on his upper lip disappear before facing the throng of TV cameras.
Christine Baranski of “The Good Wife” shimmered under the relentless sunshine in a gold-and-silver sequined short dress. She eschewed a gown, saying she didn’t want people stepping on it all night.
“I tried this on and it rocks,” she said.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter: http://twittter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: STEVEN LEVITAN
“I’m a little bit in shock, to tell you the truth.” _ Steven Levitan, who won for directing, comedy, for “Modern Family”
STONESTREET WON BUT WHO ELSE WON?
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq