- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
SHOW BITS: Kimmel hijacks Twitter; Cryer top dog
Cryer said he figured Jim Parsons of “The Big Bang Theory” would repeat as the winner.
“Clearly `Big Bang’ is just at the top of its game right now and unfortunately he’s not gotten any worse,” Cryer said. “I just did not think this was going to happen, so I apologize for my speech.”
_Beth Harris _Twitter http://twittter.com/bethharrisap
It’s a happy fact of life for male viewers that “Mad Men” star Christina Hendricks and “Modern Family” star Sofia Vergara are, well, curvy.
And their curves were on ample display at Sunday’s night Emmy telecast.
But the night’s big surprise: Kat Dennings in a gown that exposed much of what had only been hinted at in her “2 Broke Girls” waitress uniform.
Her bustline had viewers’ jaws dropping and tweeters madly tweeting.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
NO BOW TIE FOR KEVIN COSTNER
Kevin Costner went against the bow tie fashion trend at this year’s Emmy Awards, sporting an open collar look that at least beat the searing heat on the red carpet.
The nominee for lead actor in a miniseries or movie for “Hatfields & McCoys” kept his arm around the waist of wife Christine Baumgartner as he arrived for the show. Asked to describe her gown, Costner said, “I can’t wait to go home and close the door.”
Stephen Colbert whipped out a blotting paper to make the sweat on his upper lip disappear before facing the throng of TV cameras.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again