- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
SHOW BITS: Kimmel hijacks Twitter; Cryer top dog
Question of the Day
FROM 1 JIMMY TO ANOTHER
Jimmy Fallon is playing musical chairs at this year’s Emmy Awards, in more ways than one.
The 2010 Emmy host, interviewed on the red carpet, noted he has passed hosting duties on to another Jimmy this year, name of Kimmel.
As a result, Fallon said, he doesn’t even have a ticket to the 2012 show.
“But Clint Eastwood said he was going to save me a chair,” Fallon cracked.
His advice to this year’s Jimmy: “Don’t make out with Betty White. There’s cameras everywhere and you’ll get caught. And definitely go to Honey Boo Boo’s after-party, cause that’s gonna be where it’s at.”
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
SEEING STARS ON THE RED CARPET
At the Emmys there’s the red carpet and then there’s _ well _ the other red carpet.
As the main red carpet fills up, security tries to keep the line moving by directing the big stars down the carpet where cameras are lined up to film them and entertainment journalists are waiting to interview them.
Meantime, the less famous are directed down a parallel red carpet closer to the fan bleachers.
“Please continue walking,” security guards continuously say.
Sometimes they’ll also give a gentle nudge to someone on the B-list red carpet who lingers too long taking pictures of the folks on the A-List red carpet.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow