- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Tuning in to TV: Castroneves ready to start ‘Dancing’
Ask Helio Castroneves how rehearsal is going for "Dancing With the Stars" and he whips out his cellphone to show a video of him practicing a routine.
The three-time Indianapolis 500 winner is playing catch-up on the competition for the All-Star edition of the ABC show. While the other couples were working on their first routine for Monday night's season premiere, Mr. Castroneves was completing the final race of the IndyCar season.
"We were going from 220 mph on the racetrack, and literally, we continued 200 mph on the dance floor," he told the Associated Press on Thursday.
This isn't play time for Mr. Castroneves, who said he badly wants to repeat his season-five "Dancing" victory.
With his unbridled enthusiasm and effusive personality, the Brazilian has been unabashed in promoting himself for the show. Because dancers need fan votes to help push them through the rounds on the show, Mr. Castroneves uses every opportunity to campaign for support.
Last week, before he bounced a ceremonial first pitch in the dirt at Dodger Stadium, he managed to remind baseball fans about the gig. When the public address announcer informed the crowd that Mr. Castroneves is headed back to "Dancing," he pantomimed dialing a phone and holding it to his ear, mouthing the words "Vote for me!" on the scoreboard.
"More than ever, the race community is going to be important," Mr. Castroneves said. "We have other athletes, other champions, great entertainment people. ... I'm really doing everything I can to throw the word out and make sure that everyone dials the number."
'Secretly Pregnant' gets 2nd season on Discovery
Discovery Fit & Health has renewed "Secretly Pregnant" for a second season.
The network has given the series a six-episode order, with each hour-long episode focusing on two women's stories. The new season is set to premiere at 10 p.m. Oct. 11.
"Secretly Pregnant" tells the stories of women who have their own reasons — ranging from fearing rejection to severe health implications — for hiding a pregnancy from their family, friends, boss or co-workers. Each episode follows two women beginning with their anxiety over what might happen to the reveal of their pregnancy through the aftermath of the birth.
The season-two premiere will focus on Charity, who has five sons and is hoping for a girl, but she's keeping the pregnancy a secret from her parents because she's afraid they will withdraw their financial and emotional support, and Natasha, who previously had an abortion after becoming pregnant with her unsupportive boyfriend, whom she is terrified will leave her when she tells him she's pregnant again.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.