- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
IT’S PARTY TIME!
Question of the Day
The first stop after the show for most Emmy nominees and winners is the Governors Ball, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center across the street from the Nokia Theatre.
Heidi Klum directed traffic as guests arrived, many stopping to pose for a photo under the dramatic red arch at the entrance.
“Move along, move along,” she said.
Among the early arrivals to the party, themed “A Romantic Rhapsody in Red,” were Zooey Deschanel, Christina Hendricks, Mayim Bialik and Jon Cryer.
Cryer toted his Emmy in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other, as Hendricks sipped from a cocktail glass and finished dinner.
On the menu: A smoked salmon avocado sphere, roasted tenderloin with mushroom risotto fries and white chocolate raspberry cake.
After the ball, parties around town beckoned. At least half a dozen fetes were planned to celebrate nominees and winners.
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter _ http://www.twitter.com/apsandy
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world