- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
IT’S PARTY TIME!
The first stop after the show for most Emmy nominees and winners is the Governors Ball, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center across the street from the Nokia Theatre.
Heidi Klum directed traffic as guests arrived, many stopping to pose for a photo under the dramatic red arch at the entrance.
“Move along, move along,” she said.
Among the early arrivals to the party, themed “A Romantic Rhapsody in Red,” were Zooey Deschanel, Christina Hendricks, Mayim Bialik and Jon Cryer.
Cryer toted his Emmy in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other, as Hendricks sipped from a cocktail glass and finished dinner.
On the menu: A smoked salmon avocado sphere, roasted tenderloin with mushroom risotto fries and white chocolate raspberry cake.
After the ball, parties around town beckoned. At least half a dozen fetes were planned to celebrate nominees and winners.
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter _ http://www.twitter.com/apsandy
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- No rush: Bob Goodlatte waits for heads to cool on heated legislation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.