- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
IT’S PARTY TIME!
The first stop after the show for most Emmy nominees and winners is the Governors Ball, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center across the street from the Nokia Theatre.
Heidi Klum directed traffic as guests arrived, many stopping to pose for a photo under the dramatic red arch at the entrance.
“Move along, move along,” she said.
Among the early arrivals to the party, themed “A Romantic Rhapsody in Red,” were Zooey Deschanel, Christina Hendricks, Mayim Bialik and Jon Cryer.
Cryer toted his Emmy in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other, as Hendricks sipped from a cocktail glass and finished dinner.
On the menu: A smoked salmon avocado sphere, roasted tenderloin with mushroom risotto fries and white chocolate raspberry cake.
After the ball, parties around town beckoned. At least half a dozen fetes were planned to celebrate nominees and winners.
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter _ http://www.twitter.com/apsandy
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014