- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Review: Nothing poor in Stone’s ‘Rich Girl’ return
Question of the Day
Angie Stone, “Rich Girl” (SRR)
Angie Stone is back!
The soul songstress makes a triumphant return on her sixth album “Rich Girl” with a collection of positive, in-your-face, fresh funky tunes.
Letting you know what time it is from the start, she opens with a statement in “Intro: Real Music” that you can only nod in agreement with: “Music’s in my heart and it’s in my soul, there’s nothing you can do `cause I’m in control. So just sit on down and take a listen `cause real music’s here to stay, I’m `bout to give you what’s missing.”
And she does just that. “Do What U Gotta Do” will guarantee you get your two-step on. The vibe and sentiment here is empowering and the sweet message is definitely a winner.
“Backup Plan” will speed up your two-step and get your arms and shoulders involved too. It’s a brilliant anthem for the ladies if ever a man needs replacing.
Previous work included hit duets with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Raphael Saadiq and Musiq (Soulchild) but the majority of this record comes from Stone _ the background, arrangements and lyrical content. It’s just her and the producers and they’ve created an immaculate album for one of the biggest soul stars of modern times.
You can be reassured that classic soul is back in the mix. “Rich Girl” is easy listening at its finest.
Welcome home, Angie.
CHECK THIS TRACK OUT: “Push `N’ Pull” is seductive and groovy, sure to keep you warm for the coming cold season.
Follow Bianca Roach: http://twitter.com/b__roach.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq