- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
SHOW BITS: Heidi plays traffic cop; Kevin recalls
The comment may have gotten some members of the press too excited, one of whom asked Danes a few moments later how she viewed the win in light of giving birth.
“Thank god I am not giving birth,” said Danes, who’s in an earlier stage of pregnancy.
The pair reunited later in another backstage area, looking very platonic and like two friends enjoying each other’s success.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyAP
KIMMEL EVENS THE SCORE
Don’t ever cross Jimmy Kimmel.
The Emmy host warmly introduced his parents, who were seated in the audience, and told viewers they had always been supportive of their son.
“They always told me I could do anything I set my mind to,” he said, “and this year I set my mind to winning the Emmy.
“And guess what? I didn’t,” he went on. “You told me I could, and I didn’t, and I’m devastated. You lied to me!”
Egged on by Tracy Morgan, who was seated beside them and stated, “I don’t trust them,” Kimmel summoned security to remove Mom and Dad from the auditorium.
“It’s OK if you Taser them if you need to,” he told the security men.
_ Frazier Moore _Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
DANES PROUD OF OBAMA BEING A FAN
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Minister: Iceland refused to help FBI on WikiLeaks
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow