- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
SHOW BITS: Heidi plays traffic cop; Kevin recalls
Claire Danes loves that President Barack Obama is a fan of her show “Homeland.”
“No pressure,” the actress said backstage after her win for lead actress in a drama series at Sunday’s Emmy Awards. “It’s way cool that he is a fan. It speaks to the relevancy of the show and it’s hugely validating.
Obama has said the Showtime series about a Marine returning home after being held as a POW, and who is now suspected by a CIA agent as working for al Qaeda, is his favorite.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bethharrisap
TIME FOR A NEW TATTOO
Damian Lewis was so over the moon at winning an Emmy that he says he’s thinking of having “Emmy Winner” tattooed on, well, somewhere on the back of his body.
“I’m overwhelmed that I am here!” said the winner of the best actor award for a drama series for “Homeland.”
When told backstage that he could have the trophy engraved with his name at the Governors Ball after the show, he contemplated complementing that with body art.
But first he had to sign for his award, and as he did couldn’t hold his hands still.
“It’s like my grandmother used to write _ all shaky,” he said.
“Just tell me what to do,” he continued. “I’m out of my mind.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/apsandy .
OMG! KIMMEL HIJACKS TWITTER
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow