- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
SHOW BITS: Moore a wallflower, Klum a traffic cop
Question of the Day
Damian Lewis was so over the moon at winning an Emmy that he says he’s thinking of having “Emmy Winner” tattooed on, well, somewhere on the back of his body.
“I’m overwhelmed that I am here!” said the winner of the best actor award for a drama series for “Homeland.”
When told backstage that he could have the trophy engraved with his name at the Governors Ball after the show, he contemplated complementing that with body art.
But first he had to sign for his award, and as he did couldn’t hold his hands still.
“It’s like my grandmother used to write _ all shaky,” he said.
“Just tell me what to do,” he continued. “I’m out of my mind.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/apsandy .
OMG! KIMMEL HIJACKS TWITTER
So this is how time-wasting celebrity rumors get started.
Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel instructed people to go on Twitter and Facebook and write something along the lines of: “OMG, Tracy Morgan just passed out at the Emmys. Turn on ABC right now!” as a prank, just to see how quickly the information would spread (and inspire new viewers). Morgan, who was in on the gag, complied.
And, true to the pack mentality that develops instantaneously on social media, untold thousands of people actually did this. Many others simply read the words “Tracy Morgan” and “passed out” and thought Morgan truly had passed out.
Even Stephen Colbert (at)StephenatHome and Rosie O’Donnell (at)Rosie got in on the action, which prompted thousands more retweets.
Morgan was committed to the act, though: Not only did he lie down on stage, he actually stayed there through the commercial break and was hauled away, rambling to himself.
_ Christy Lemire _ Twitter: https://twitter.com/christylemire
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq