- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
SHOW BITS: Stewart drops f-bomb; Party starts
Show Bits brings you the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
JON STEWART DELIVERS AN F-BOMB
It wouldn’t be an awards show without an f-bomb.
Actually, it would be, but an f-bomb always adds spice, even when bleeped.
The man who did the honors at Sunday night’s Emmy show was Jon Stewart, excitedly accepting his 10th consecutive trophy for best variety series.
He began his acceptance speech by noting that “The Daily Show” deals in topical comedy, “which has the shelf life of egg salad.” He added that the Emmy does indicate “The Daily Show” has some value.
In some future age, he went on to say, holding his Emmy aloft, aliens arriving on Earth “will find a box of these.”
“And they will know how predictable these (bleeping) things are,” he added.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier .
WE’RE OUT OF HERE!
Tina Fey was the first celebrity out of her seat after “Modern Family” won the last Emmy of the night and Jimmy Kimmel threatened to continue the show for another hour.
The “30 Rock” star and several others bolted for the doors closest to the stage, the most direct route to the posh Governors Ball across the street at the LA Convention Center.
Those not invited to the lavish after party had to exit through the back doors.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.