- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
SHOW BITS: Stewart drops f-bomb; Party starts
Show Bits brings you the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
JON STEWART DELIVERS AN F-BOMB
It wouldn’t be an awards show without an f-bomb.
Actually, it would be, but an f-bomb always adds spice, even when bleeped.
The man who did the honors at Sunday night’s Emmy show was Jon Stewart, excitedly accepting his 10th consecutive trophy for best variety series.
He began his acceptance speech by noting that “The Daily Show” deals in topical comedy, “which has the shelf life of egg salad.” He added that the Emmy does indicate “The Daily Show” has some value.
In some future age, he went on to say, holding his Emmy aloft, aliens arriving on Earth “will find a box of these.”
“And they will know how predictable these (bleeping) things are,” he added.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier .
WE’RE OUT OF HERE!
Tina Fey was the first celebrity out of her seat after “Modern Family” won the last Emmy of the night and Jimmy Kimmel threatened to continue the show for another hour.
The “30 Rock” star and several others bolted for the doors closest to the stage, the most direct route to the posh Governors Ball across the street at the LA Convention Center.
Those not invited to the lavish after party had to exit through the back doors.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014