- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An unholy alliance
Question of the Day
We are witnessing a mighty struggle over free speech in America. The far left and the government would selectively deny Americans their First Amendment rights if their exercise of free speech happens to offend the sensibilities of Muslims. This was clearly visible in relation to the turbulence and violence throughout the Middle East over the movie "Innocence of Muslims."
The Obama administration distanced the U.S. government and itself from this film and ended up appeasing and groveling to angry Muslim mobs and gangs in the streets that were perpetrating violence and destruction of American embassies throughout the region. First Amendment rights were subordinated to an avalanche of appeasement and apologetic tones expressed by our government officials, including President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Why are liberals free to offend religious and other beliefs of non-Muslims, yet these same liberals refuse to tolerate any free speech that may offend Muslims? What is the connection between Muslims and the far left? Why is the far left intolerant to criticism of Islam -- is it an insatiable desire to be accepted, a mutual anti-American sentiment or some dysfunctional fear to which the far left adheres?
Americans will have to fight this breach in the chain of free speech rights being advanced by the far left, including Mr. Obama. If they do not, this constitutional right will be diluted or even destroyed by this inexplicable Islamic-leftist alliance.
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
Get Breaking Alerts
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza