- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Redskins expected to sign RB Ryan Grant
Veteran running back Ryan Grant was at Redskins Park on Tuesday and was expected to sign with Washington, a source confirmed.
The move, which was first reported by CBS Sports, would shore up the Redskins’ depth behind starter Alfred Morris as backups Evan Royster (patellar tendon strain) and Roy Helu Jr. (sprained big toe) are day-to-day with injuries.
The 29-year-old spent the last five years with the Green Bay Packers, twice surpassing 1,000 yards in a season. He was at his best in 2009, rushing for 1,253 yards and 11 touchdowns, but suffered a season-ending ankle injury in the 2010 opener and managed just 559 yards last year.
In other moves Tuesday, the Redskins signed cornerback David Jones and waived-injured Crezdon Butler, who suffered a hamstring injury Sunday. Jones was with the team in training camp but was cut at the end of the preseason.
Washington also made a pair of practice-squad moves, signing defensive lineman Chigbo Anunoby and releasing defensive lineman Delvin Johnson.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again