- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Ryder Cup 2012: European team shy on road experience
MEDINAH, Ill. — Europe has only one rookie on its Ryder Cup team. It has a lot more inexperience when it comes to playing on the road.
Rory McIlroy is among five Europeans who have never played the matches away from the influence of a home crowd. Nicolas Colsaerts of Belgium is making his Ryder Cup debut, while Peter Hanson, Martin Kaymer, Francesco Molinari and McIlroy all played for the first time in Wales two years ago.
Graeme McDowell made his cup debut in Kentucky in 2008, so he knows what to expect. He says the U.S. cheers he heard at Valhalla sounded "like a bomb going off." He says the idea for Europe is to hear the sweet sound of a muted cheer whenever Europeans win a hole.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.