- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Still awaiting truth about Benghazi
Question of the Day
Hopefully, the United States will soon get some information on the death of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and the three other Americans murdered in Benghazi, Libya, earlier this month (“Barack blew it in Benghazi,” Commentary, Tuesday).
We should soon learn how they died, if they were dragged alive or dead through the streets and how much (or how little) security there was going into the Sept. 11, 2001, anniversary in Libya, of all places. Perhaps we’ll hear firsthand whether the Marines on embassy duty were allowed to carry live ammunition, and maybe we’ll find out why there apparently were no dead terrorists found inside or outside either our embassies or our consulates there. Maybe we’ll hear the status of the many fires burning around the Middle East, Africa and the world, and how prevalent the chants of “death to America,” the U.S. flag burnings and the Islamist demands on curbing our freedoms truly are.
Hopefully, we’ll also hear an explanation of why we are sending so much taxpayer money to those who would prefer us dead and have always preferred us dead, even before the first inflammatory cartoon or video was created.
GARY A. GUBISCH
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Get Breaking Alerts
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson