- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
TLC orders specials, extra episodes of Boo Boo
NEW YORK (AP) - Get ready for some Honey Boo Boo holidays.
The TLC network said Wednesday that it has ordered Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas specials focusing on its seven-year-old breakout star, Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson. The series airs its 10th and final episode of its debut season on Wednesday.
The show centers around Thompson, her mother June Shannon and their rural Georgia family and has been a breakout hit for the cable network. Thompson’s outgoing personality and catchphrases like “A dolla makes me holla” made her a star, although some critics suggest the show mocks small-town Southern life.
TLC has also ordered additional episodes of the series to air next spring.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.