- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Cover story: Buyers warm up to homes with fireplaces
Question of the Day
“You want that to be the center of attention,” she said. “For the mantle, you want symmetry with a little group of three things of varying heights — like vases or candles — on either side.”
Don’t block the fireplace with couches or chairs, Ms. Tantawy said. “You want to be able to walk up to the fireplace.”
For the hearth, she said, it’s a nice touch to have elegant fire tools and perhaps a basket with wood or blankets. “It’s a very cozy look, and people really respond to it.”
If it’s a cold day, it makes sense to light a fire for a showing or open house, Ms. Tantawy said.
“Obviously, it would be ridiculous in the summer, but it might be nice to put candles or a candelabra in the fireplace so you’re not left with a big black hole,” she said.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world