- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Patti Smith: Bryn Mawr College to honor rocker
Question of the Day
BRYN MAWR, Pa. (AP) — Bryn Mawr College will honor rock music veteran Patti Smith for her artistic accomplishments and pioneering spirit.
The women’s liberal arts school near Philadelphia announced that Miss Smith will receive the 2013 Katharine Hepburn Medal.
The college on Wednesday called Miss Smith “a trailblazer in the male-dominated world of rock ‘n’ roll.” She also wrote a critically acclaimed memoir in 2010.
Miss Smith will receive the medal at a campus event on Feb. 7. A performance for students is being planned.
The medal is given to women who embody “the intelligence, drive and independence” of the Oscar-winning Hepburn, a college alumna for whom it is named.
Hepburn graduated from Bryn Mawr in 1928. Previous winners include actresses Lauren Bacall and Blythe Danner.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world