- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Philip Roth biography signed up by WW Norton
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A biography of author Philip Roth written with his cooperation has been acquired by publisher W.W. Norton & Co.
The book is tentatively titled “Philip Roth: The Biography.”
The publisher said Thursday the book will be the “definitive” account of the celebrated author of “Portnoy’s Complaint,” “American Pastoral” and many other novels.
Roth’s bio will be written by Blake Bailey, the award-winning biographer of John Cheever. No release date has been set. Bailey already has a memoir planned for 2014.
Norton says Bailey will have “unrestricted access” to Roth’s papers and unpublished works and will conduct “extensive interviews” with him.
Roth turns 80 next year. He has written an autobiography called “The Facts” and a book about his father called “Patrimony.”
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Embryonic stem cell research falls out of favor as scientists go ethical
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
White House pets gone wild!