- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
SNYDER: Wizards need to conjure up a potion for relevance
Question of the Day
Wall is the Wizards‘ lone star, the best hope to keep the spotlight on D.C. once the Nats are done and the Skins finish below .500 again. There’s a chance that the Wizards could sneak into the playoffs as a No. 8 seed but only if Wall fulfills his potential. This season represents his best opportunity to reveal his true colors, especially with the Verizon Center co-tenants (not) on ice.
Strasburg and Bryce Harper have driven the buzz and helped lead the Nats to prominence. Alex Ovechkin has done likewise for the Caps. RG3 has mastered the first part of the equation in no time. Now everything is lined up for Wall to continue the trend.
With all eyes on D.C., what’s it going to be?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Deron Snyder is an award-winning journalist and Washington Times sports columnist with more than 25 years of experience. He has worked at USA Today and his column was syndicated in Gannett’s 80-plus newspapers from 2000-2009, appearing in The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Detroit News and many others. Follow Deron on Twitter @DeronSnyder or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SNYDER: Robert Griffin III worth his weight in bronze to Baylor
- SNYDER: Upon further review, MLB instant replay remains beholden to human element
- SNYDER: Musings on Bryce Harper, Tim Howard and more
- SNYDER: Turns out, Jurgen Klinsmann pushed the right buttons for U.S.
- SNYDER: LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony make NBA offseason worth watching
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener