- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Give up on two-term presidencies
America is far too divided over old social issues, sound bites, split hairs and emotional media that yield zero benefit to our nation’s competitiveness, job creation or economic output. America does not need a president who is cool, has swagger or will drink a beer at a bar. America needs a new administration that will get new things done in old Washington.
Given the pace of the world today, voters know quickly when a sitting president is failing miserably. Although I like President Obama very much on a personal level, I think Mitt Romney understands far better how to transform America. This is why I find it hard to still support two-term presidents. Based on his track record, Mr. Obama simply does not deserve a second term as CEO of America.
Unless an incumbent president racks up nation-benefiting success after success, Americans should automatically insist on a new president, new vice president and a new administration in Washington every four years.
Liking an administration’s personnel — their clothes, hair, voices or skin color — has no bearing on their ability to perform the job they were hired to do. Akin to firing an underperforming CEO of a continually failing corporation, electing a “new guy” would mean a fresh administration — one that provides the American people with new ideas and new options for four critical years.
BARON CHRISTOPHER HANSON
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last