- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Danica Patrick could take Newman’s crew in 2013
Question of the Day
“We feel like it’s time to open that up and allow the teams to manage their testing and get back on facilities that host our events,” NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said Saturday. “You’ll see that as the year unfolds that teams will be moving around the countryside.”
NASCAR will hold a test session for the 2013 car next week at Talladega. Pemberton said test will focus on the cooling and drafting packages.
There are also tests scheduled for Texas, Kansas, Charlotte, and Phoenix.
“We are developing this car and tires at the same time,” Pemberton said. “It’s something we haven’t been able to do in the past. But because Goodyear has put the resources toward tires … we’re better positioned now to develop the car and the tire at the same time.”
Team owner Jack Roush liked the move.
“As long as it’s the same for everybody,” he said.
The new testing policy is only for the Sprint Cup series.
DENNY AND DOUG: Denny Hamlin has more in common with Michael Jordan than a love of golf and VIP treatment at Charlotte Bobcats game.
Turns out, they’re both tight with Jordan’s former Chicago Bulls coach, Doug Collins.
“I’ve just enjoyed watching his career and how he’s doing,” Collins said.
Collins was impressed with Hamlin’s impromptu talk to the team about having fun and enjoying the playoff chase _ something he admitted to the Sixers he failed to do when he was runner-up for the 2010 Cup championship. Hamlin also shared a story about he stuck by his pit crew after a poor season, then was rewarded the next season with his crew was recognized as one of the best in the sport. That message of sticking together as a team through the tough times resonated with Collins because the Sixers had turned a 3-13 start into a playoff berth.
“He said he’s my biggest fan,” said Hamlin, smiling. “I think my mom is, but he texts us every week now during the Chase and congratulates us on how we’ve been doing.”
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- CARSON: Health savings accounts far better than Obamacare
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Dinesh D'Souza book yanked from Costco shelves
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener