- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Diligence rewarded for Redskins’ Kory Lichtensteiger
Offensive lineman still vital cog after knee injury in 2011
Question of the Day
“It’s night and day from a week and a half ago to today,” he said.
That’s good news for the Redskins, who rely heavily on Lichtensteiger’s speed in the screen game.
“Hopefully, there’s not a lot of rust there to begin with, but there’s going to be some of that,” he said. “It’s been a while.”
His linemates believe he’ll return to playing at a high level, even though he missed the preseason.
“Kory is one of our smartest linemen,” center Will Montgomgery said. “He knows the offense like the back of his hand. It’s going to be no problem with his time missed.
“I have a lot of experience with him — I have a whole camp from last year — and we had eight solid games last year with the preseason and the first four games, and we were rolling. I have all the confidence in the world that the mesh will be just great.”
Note: The Redskins finalized their practice squad by signing receiver Emmanuel Arceneaux, running back Antwon Bailey, tackle Tom Compton, linebacker Darryl Gamble, fullback Robert Hughes, tight end Deangelo Peterson, and defensive linemen Jason Shirley and Doug Worthington.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- KELLNER: It's not a Merry Christmas for the persecuted church
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- ORSI: No greater act of loyalty to the Constitution
- TRIPLETT: Shale revolution reality checks
- Obama sends 45 service members to South Sudan
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow