- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
Pearl Jam closes 2-day Made In America festival
Question of the Day
The Canadian rapper, who apparently never met an expletive he didn’t like, energized the crowd with a 45-minute set. And if there was a roof over `70s punk band X, it would have blown off.
While the threat of rain loomed for most of the day, the only real precipitation was the Budweiser-soaked earth in front of the stages. The performances all ran on time and the sound was pretty amazing for an outdoor venue. Even the crowd was well behaved with enough space for them to roam.
In one funny moment, a large gentleman cut the bathroom line in the VIP area and opened the door to a portable unit for a brief inspection. Holding back the crowd, he said: “Right here, Miss B.”
Beyoncé took a look, nodded her head, and the entourage continued on. Later, she walked with husband Jay-Z and Rita Ora to catch Drake’s performance. It was that kind of night.
John Carucci covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/jcarucci_ap.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Deportations under Obama plunged to just 1 percent last year
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow