- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Art Garfunkel: Singer fails to show at 2 Swedish concerts
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Singer Art Garfunkel failed to show up at two scheduled events and instead flew home to the United States, Swedish concert organizers say.
Organizer Niels Estrup told the Sydsvenskan paper on Sunday that the iconic 1960s pop singer failed to appear at “Night of the Proms,” a fusion of classical and pop music, in Goteborg on Friday and Malmo on Saturday.
Organizers said they didn’t find Mr. Garfunkel at the hotel but later learned he had left the country along with his staff.
It is unclear why 70-year-old Mr. Garfunkel skipped the concert, though organizer Julius Malmstrom told the Sydsvenskan that he had seen the singer in Goteborg on Thursday and said Mr. Garfunkel looked healthy but did not seem confident about his voice.
In 2010 Mr. Garfunkel was diagnosed with vocal cord problems, according to his website.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.