- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
HURT: Only a celebrity can blow through $5.4 trillion
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — President Obama has gone full celebrity on us. He cannot run on the actual record of his first term, so he reaches back for that old magic from four years ago that helped him cross over from politician to full-blown icon.
No longer does he grant interviews to the regular political media — as if they were tough on him to begin with. Instead, he goes for puff pieces with celebrity grocery aisle magazines.
This, apparently, is because Mr. Obama is a racist. That, according to many Democrats who lashed out at “racist” Republicans four years ago who ridiculed the president for his celebrity status.
“Deliberately and deceptively racist,” swore liberal radio host Bill Press.
The New York Times reported that, with the ad, Republicans had injected race into the campaign. By the way, it probably should be noted for anyone left on the planet who does not already know this, Paris Hilton is white. Every square inch of her body is white, as has been widely established all across the World Wide Web.
Even Mr. Obama himself suggested that Republicans were dragging race into the campaign by discussing his celebrity status.
Well, now the president has joined up with all the racists to promote his celebrity status. I guess having to explain how you blew $5.4 trillion in less than four years would make a guy do just about anything.
He made history by being the first president to sit for an interview with Glamour magazine. He does countless interviews with local radio stations — after agreeing on the topics of the interview.
“I just flirted with the president of the United States of America,” squealed one interviewer after grilling Mr. Obama on, among other similarly hard-hitting topics, his favorite color.
Even the first lady has crossed over to the dark side of racism by capitalizing on all the celebrity.
On Tuesday, she phoned into radio personality Ryan Seacrest and talked about how long it takes to get her makeup on and do her hair in the morning.
That’s it! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!
Then she talked all about her daughters’ first day of school and how she gave them a pep talk.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world