- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Kelly Ripa finally getting a permanent co-host
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Kelly Ripa is introducing her new co-host this morning _ and it's expected to be Michael Strahan.
She will welcome her new partner on the air when the show begins at 9 a.m. EDT.
Although producers of "Live! With Kelly" have not commented on who would fill the void left by Regis Philbin when he retired last November, Strahan has been in negotiations and is believed to have landed the job.
Strahan, 40, is a former NFL star and currently a host of "Fox NFL Sunday."
The syndicated weekday talk show has left Ripa without a permanent co-host since Philbin departed the show. Since then, she has welcomed 59 guest co-hosts, several of whom, including Strahan, were under consideration for the permanent job. Strahan has made several guest appearances this year.
Strahan's broadcasting career has also included a starring role on a short-lived Fox sitcom, "Brothers," in 2009.
Philbin, the original "Live!" host, exited at age 80 after presiding more than 28 years alongside several co-hosts.
Ripa became his on-air partner in 2001.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq