- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
Four stabbings in D.C. on Tuesday evening, police report
Four separate stabbings were reported Tuesday evening in the District, according to Metropolitan Police Department reports.
Two of the stabbings were domestic-related incidents and investigators know the identity of three of the suspected attackers, but no arrests were made in any of the cases by midday Wednesday, said MPD spokesman Officer Anthony Clay.
In one domestic incident in the 1500 block of First Street Southeast, two men were arguing when one stabbed the other in the chest, Officer Clay said. The stabbing was reported around 5:23 p.m. Tuesday. No information was available Wednesday about the condition of the man who was stabbed.
In the second domestic-related incident, police said a man was in a verbal dispute with his girlfriend’s adult daughter when the woman grabbed a knife an attempted to stab him. That attempted stabbing happened around 11:30 p.m. in the 2800 block of 28th Street Southeast. The man was not injured and police are now looking for the 21-year-old woman.
Police are also looking for a man accused of stabbing another man in the back in the 1400 block of Downing Street Northeast Tuesday evening. The attacker approached the man and stabbed him around 6:45 p.m. The motive for the attack was not known but the victim knew his attacker, Officer Clay said.
MPD also reported a stabbing via Twitter that happened around 11 p.m. in the 2100 block of Alabama Avenue Southeast, but Officer Clay was unable to confirm the report on Wednesday. In that incident, police said via Twitter that a man was stabbed in his right arm and officers were looking for a male suspect.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Background checks stalled as firefighter arrests mount
- Independent Catania files paperwork for D.C. mayoral bid
- Gray comes out fighting accusations in fund scheme
- Gray holds cash advantage in D.C. mayor's race
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- New 'gainful employment' proposal sparks criticism
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014