- Outrage as Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
CURL: Debbie Wasserman Schultz, professional liar
“You know, look, platforms are many pages long. The bottom line is that we’ve taken steps. We’ve amended it,” she said.
“And the language on God you would call a technical oversight as well?” the CNN reporter asked.
“Yeah, the language on God, while we were amending the platform to include Jerusalem and the president’s personal view, we also felt it was important to make sure that we made a reference there.”
Good. A “reference” to God. That’ll placate those pesky 200 million religious Americans.
By mid-convention, DWS was canceling TV appearances, no doubt afraid that reporters would ask her about her bare-faced lies. She all but disappeared — the DNC chairwoman, nowhere to be found.
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the head of the entire Democratic Party, is poised to lose more seats in the House, most likely lose the Senate and quite possibly lose the White House. What’s clear now is that if that happens, she certainly won’t take responsibility for it — and maybe she’ll just lie about the outcome. Won’t be the first time.
• Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow