- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Kin of NY hip-hop mogul Lighty seeks 2nd autopsy
NEW YORK (AP) - The family of late hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty has asked for a second autopsy after a medical examiner ruled his death in New York last week a suicide.
Forensic pathologist Michael Baden said Wednesday that he performed the second autopsy at the family’s request. He says he’s awaiting test results.
Baden is paid to give independent opinions on deaths. He has testified in several high-profile cases including the O.J. Simpson trial.
Lighty was found dead in his Bronx apartment with a gunshot wound to the head. The medical examiner ruled it a suicide. But his brother Dave Lighty has indicated that he isn’t sure his brother took his own life.
Hip-hop stars including LL Cool J, 50 Cent and Sean “Diddy” Combs attended Lighty’s funeral in Manhattan on Wednesday.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.