- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
NBC’s Tom Brokaw hospitalized after TV appearance
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - NBC News special correspondent Tom Brokaw was taken to a Charlotte, N.C., hospital Thursday morning after appearing on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”
The network says Brokaw felt “light-headed” on the set of the news-talk program, which has been originating this week from Charlotte. “Out of an abundance of caution,” he was taken to a Charlotte-area hospital, which was not identified. NBC said he was being evaluated and “is in good spirits.”
The 72-year-old Brokaw has been keeping a busy schedule of on-air appearances at the Republican National Convention last week and, this week, at the Democratic Convention.
He has served as special correspondent for NBC News since stepping down as anchor of “Nightly News” in 2004.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow