- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
TWT’s NFL Predictions
REDSKINS RECORD: 7-9
TD PASSES FOR RG3: 19; INTERCEPTIONS FOR RG3: 14
PASS YDS FOR RG3: 3,184; RUSH YDS FOR RG3: 406
BIGGEST SURPRISE: Barry Cofield will emerge as one of the Redskins’ top defenders after an offseason of nose-tackle-specific training
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: An injury will prevent Robert Griffin III from starting all 16 games. Call it: Rex redux.
IMPACT PLAYER NOT NAMED RG3: Perry Riley
TEAM RUSHING LEADER: Evan Royster
TEAM RECEPTIONS LEADER: Pierre Garcon
NFC CHAMP: Packers ; AFC CHAMP: Patriots
SUPER BOWL WINNER: Patriots
NFL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Trent Richardson, Browns
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- North Korean dictator stuns world with uncle's execution
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow