- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Identity theft and illegals
Millions of people have entered this country illegally. Every illegal alien should be screened, and illegal aliens, not the U.S. taxpayer, must pay the cost for the screening.
Certain diseases that were once rare in the United States are making a comeback because we are not screening illegal aliens. The deadly brown recluse spider from Central America has entered our country with illegal aliens. Many people crossing our borders illegally are fleeing from law enforcement in other countries. Many illegal aliens serve as "mules," bringing drugs across our border into the United States.
I work with senior citizens, and I know that many illegal aliens take the Social Security numbers or Medicare numbers of citizens and legal aliens in order to obtain jobs or medical services. Illegal aliens are a cause of identity theft crime in the United States. A few years ago, a woman received a letter from the Internal Revenue Service that demanded she pay more than $2 million in income taxes and penalties. She asked why, since she made less than $40,000 a year. Apparently, her Social Security number showed that she owed taxes on income from 83 jobs in 17 states -- simultaneously. Illegal-alien identity theft costs our citizens, businesses and government billions every year.
Screening illegal aliens with a program that teaches the facts about trespassing would give those who want to become citizens the opportunity to present themselves and would help us to identify those who should be deported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets