- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Head-on bus crash kills one, injures nine
An Odenton man was killed and nearly a dozen people were injured when a car crashed into a Maryland Transit Administration bus and burst into flames, police said.
A press release from Anne Arundel police identified 27-year-old Marcus Anderson as the driver of a car that hit the #14 MTA transit bus head-on on Saturday night. A 14-year-old passenger in Anderson’s car was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. Neither of them was wearing a seatbelt.
The crash happened at about 9:47 p.m. along 8th Avenue, just west of Crain Highway.
Police stated that Anderson’s car was traveling east when it crossed the center line and into oncoming traffic. His car was pushed back by the bus more than 40 feet, causing it to catch fire.
The driver of the bus and eight of the ten passengers on board were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Operation Homefront gives meals to military
- Early snowfall changes to sleet in D.C. area
- Alcohol a factor in fatal Montgomery County car crash: Police
- Blast of winter weather heads to D.C. area
- Va. attorney general vote recount, some by hand, to get started Dec. 16
Latest Blog Entries
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow