- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
Head-on bus crash kills one, injures nine
Question of the Day
An Odenton man was killed and nearly a dozen people were injured when a car crashed into a Maryland Transit Administration bus and burst into flames, police said.
A press release from Anne Arundel police identified 27-year-old Marcus Anderson as the driver of a car that hit the #14 MTA transit bus head-on on Saturday night. A 14-year-old passenger in Anderson’s car was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. Neither of them was wearing a seatbelt.
The crash happened at about 9:47 p.m. along 8th Avenue, just west of Crain Highway.
Police stated that Anderson’s car was traveling east when it crossed the center line and into oncoming traffic. His car was pushed back by the bus more than 40 feet, causing it to catch fire.
The driver of the bus and eight of the ten passengers on board were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Teen girl exorcised by priest, sends demonic text messages in response
- Obama nominates Rabbi David Saperstein as ambassador for religious freedom
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- No official word yet on Pope Francis visit: Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Higher Ground: War no deterrent
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world