- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
Greens vow mass protests if Obama OKs Keystone pipeline
Support for the pipeline had been increasing both in Congress and among voters, though it remains to be seen whether that support erodes because of what’s happened in Arkansas.
A March 28 Rasmussen survey found that 58 percent likely U.S. voters support building the pipeline, while just 26 percent are opposed to it. The poll also reported that, despite the demonstrations and protests of the environmental movement, the real passion lies on the pro-Keystone side of the debate.
One-third of likely voters “strongly favor” building the pipeline, while just 12 percent “strongly oppose” it, the survey shows.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPAC 2014: Democrats target convention as part of midterm-election strategy
- Obama urges Putin in phone call: De-escalate crisis in Ukraine
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- Undaunted, Obama continues minimum-wage push
- U.S. Lawmakers see exports of natural gas as a way to help Ukraine
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again