- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Greens vow mass protests if Obama OKs Keystone pipeline
Support for the pipeline had been increasing both in Congress and among voters, though it remains to be seen whether that support erodes because of what’s happened in Arkansas.
A March 28 Rasmussen survey found that 58 percent likely U.S. voters support building the pipeline, while just 26 percent are opposed to it. The poll also reported that, despite the demonstrations and protests of the environmental movement, the real passion lies on the pro-Keystone side of the debate.
One-third of likely voters “strongly favor” building the pipeline, while just 12 percent “strongly oppose” it, the survey shows.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Joe Biden to Ukrainian lawmakers: Tackle 'cancer of corruption'
- Court rules Obama administration must justify targeted killings
- White House denies role in latest Keystone delay
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014