- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unmasking the Democratic Party
Question of the Day
Along with their proposed solutions — such as defending yourself with scissors against an attacker who enters your workplace with weapons — the Democrats have a vice president who would find himself more suited to a spot on “Saturday Night Live” than the current position he holds.
Advice that you go out on your veranda and fire a double-barreled shotgun upward or through your front door before it’s opened to reveal whether you have an attacker or a hysterical neighbor is nonsense. It should bring to light the totally illogical beliefs of the Democratic Party. For any individual who still has the power of true logical deduction — something that during the past couple of decades has been successfully erased from the minds of our younger generations — the solutions proposed by the Democratic spokesmen should also bring to light at least some of the Democrats’ true intentions. The party wishes to do away with not only Second Amendment freedoms, it is also seemingly determined to slowly remove the freedoms guaranteed to every one of us under our now-weakened Constitution.
Of course, if the entire objective of this party were unmasked, I think they would have the same level of success they had during the early 1900s, when they continued to unsuccessfully run their candidates under the banner of the Socialist or Communist parties.
DAVID A. ROBINSON
Weeki Wachee, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab