- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unmasking the Democratic Party
Along with their proposed solutions — such as defending yourself with scissors against an attacker who enters your workplace with weapons — the Democrats have a vice president who would find himself more suited to a spot on “Saturday Night Live” than the current position he holds.
Advice that you go out on your veranda and fire a double-barreled shotgun upward or through your front door before it’s opened to reveal whether you have an attacker or a hysterical neighbor is nonsense. It should bring to light the totally illogical beliefs of the Democratic Party. For any individual who still has the power of true logical deduction — something that during the past couple of decades has been successfully erased from the minds of our younger generations — the solutions proposed by the Democratic spokesmen should also bring to light at least some of the Democrats’ true intentions. The party wishes to do away with not only Second Amendment freedoms, it is also seemingly determined to slowly remove the freedoms guaranteed to every one of us under our now-weakened Constitution.
Of course, if the entire objective of this party were unmasked, I think they would have the same level of success they had during the early 1900s, when they continued to unsuccessfully run their candidates under the banner of the Socialist or Communist parties.
DAVID A. ROBINSON
Weeki Wachee, Fla.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets