- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unmasking the Democratic Party
Along with their proposed solutions — such as defending yourself with scissors against an attacker who enters your workplace with weapons — the Democrats have a vice president who would find himself more suited to a spot on “Saturday Night Live” than the current position he holds.
Advice that you go out on your veranda and fire a double-barreled shotgun upward or through your front door before it’s opened to reveal whether you have an attacker or a hysterical neighbor is nonsense. It should bring to light the totally illogical beliefs of the Democratic Party. For any individual who still has the power of true logical deduction — something that during the past couple of decades has been successfully erased from the minds of our younger generations — the solutions proposed by the Democratic spokesmen should also bring to light at least some of the Democrats’ true intentions. The party wishes to do away with not only Second Amendment freedoms, it is also seemingly determined to slowly remove the freedoms guaranteed to every one of us under our now-weakened Constitution.
Of course, if the entire objective of this party were unmasked, I think they would have the same level of success they had during the early 1900s, when they continued to unsuccessfully run their candidates under the banner of the Socialist or Communist parties.
DAVID A. ROBINSON
Weeki Wachee, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash