- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unmasking the Democratic Party
Along with their proposed solutions — such as defending yourself with scissors against an attacker who enters your workplace with weapons — the Democrats have a vice president who would find himself more suited to a spot on “Saturday Night Live” than the current position he holds.
Advice that you go out on your veranda and fire a double-barreled shotgun upward or through your front door before it’s opened to reveal whether you have an attacker or a hysterical neighbor is nonsense. It should bring to light the totally illogical beliefs of the Democratic Party. For any individual who still has the power of true logical deduction — something that during the past couple of decades has been successfully erased from the minds of our younger generations — the solutions proposed by the Democratic spokesmen should also bring to light at least some of the Democrats’ true intentions. The party wishes to do away with not only Second Amendment freedoms, it is also seemingly determined to slowly remove the freedoms guaranteed to every one of us under our now-weakened Constitution.
Of course, if the entire objective of this party were unmasked, I think they would have the same level of success they had during the early 1900s, when they continued to unsuccessfully run their candidates under the banner of the Socialist or Communist parties.
DAVID A. ROBINSON
Weeki Wachee, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine