- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
Masters 2013: Bubba Watson gets hole-in-one in practice round
AUGUSTA, Ga. — Long before Bubba Watson hit his first shot at Wednesday's Par-3 Contest, he had patrons screaming his name.
A hole-in-one was the reason why.
Around 9 a.m., the defending Masters Tournament champion caused a roar to echo through the pines when he aced No. 16, the 170-yard par-3.
Once Watson left the tee box, he dished out several high-fives.
"It was nice," Watson said of the shot as he walked away from the Par-3 Contest.
Watson made sure to tell his wife, Angie, of his ace while playing a practice round with Rickie Fowler and Scott Piercy.
"I didn't see it, but he told me about it and said it was cool," said Angie, who along with 1-year-old son Caleb caddied for Watson during the Par-3 Contest. "He said anytime whether it's a practice round, or real, it's cool to have one."
Playing in a threesome behind Watson on Wednesday morning was Tiger Woods, Keegan Bradley and Fred Couples. Couples has never had a hole-in-one during his 29 years of practice and tournament rounds at the Masters.
"We heard it," Couples said. "They were right in front of us. Anytime you get a hole-in-one it's awesome. Everybody is going to say he should have saved it. But he's out there practicing, hits a good shot and it went in."
Watson is scheduled to tee off at 10:34 a.m. Thursday with Ian Poulter and amateur Steven Fox.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.