- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: $5 million for Kony, but no help in Benghazi
Question of the Day
When President Obama ordered 100 special operations forces to Kenya to advise and assist African troops in hunting down that evil rogue warlord Joseph Kony in 2011, I wondered if it was constitutionally appropriate. We have bad guys here in the United States. Was America just being a "nice guy"? Well, the mission must not have been successful, because now the United States is offering a $5 million bounty for that despicable person ("U.S. pauses Kony search in Central African Republic," Web, April 3). That amount is no small potatoes in this age of furloughs and sequestration.
I am further wondering what those 100 American warriors were thinking when they heard about the Benghazi fiasco ("Military retirees press Benghazi probe; 700 seek 'full accounting,'" Web, Monday). Even though Kenya is not close to Libya, it is on the same continent. I feel confident that 100 American tough guys would have gotten themselves to Benghazi to effect a different outcome in that shameful debacle if only they had been deployed. Why weren't they?
HELEN D. KOELLE
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case