- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: California bill targets people of faith
Question of the Day
California lawmakers are considering taxing youth groups, such as the Boy Scouts of America, that do not accept homosexual, transgender or atheist members (“California bill would take away tax benefits for Boy Scouts,” Web, Wednesday). Ironically, they are showing bigotry against faith groups.
People of faith and their groups, who accept the Bible as the inspired and inerrant word of God, are coming under tremendous pressure to conform to that which goes against their religious beliefs. Freedom of religion is a constitutional, guaranteed right, so why are these lawmakers singling out people of faith for taxation and acting like lawbreakers?
The left won’t be happy until they control every aspect of our lives. We desperately need leaders who will expose the political left’s un-American agenda and stand up for our Constitution.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas