- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: California bill targets people of faith
California lawmakers are considering taxing youth groups, such as the Boy Scouts of America, that do not accept homosexual, transgender or atheist members ("California bill would take away tax benefits for Boy Scouts," Web, Wednesday). Ironically, they are showing bigotry against faith groups.
People of faith and their groups, who accept the Bible as the inspired and inerrant word of God, are coming under tremendous pressure to conform to that which goes against their religious beliefs. Freedom of religion is a constitutional, guaranteed right, so why are these lawmakers singling out people of faith for taxation and acting like lawbreakers?
The left won't be happy until they control every aspect of our lives. We desperately need leaders who will expose the political left's un-American agenda and stand up for our Constitution.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do