- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: California bill targets people of faith
California lawmakers are considering taxing youth groups, such as the Boy Scouts of America, that do not accept homosexual, transgender or atheist members ("California bill would take away tax benefits for Boy Scouts," Web, Wednesday). Ironically, they are showing bigotry against faith groups.
People of faith and their groups, who accept the Bible as the inspired and inerrant word of God, are coming under tremendous pressure to conform to that which goes against their religious beliefs. Freedom of religion is a constitutional, guaranteed right, so why are these lawmakers singling out people of faith for taxation and acting like lawbreakers?
The left won't be happy until they control every aspect of our lives. We desperately need leaders who will expose the political left's un-American agenda and stand up for our Constitution.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS