Mr. Fisher ponders a “bullet bubble” as well. “Will today’s ammo hoarders be rewarded like gold buyers in 1972, or will they wind up like the folks who bought Bitcoins at $30 and watched them fall to two bucks a couple years ago?” he asks.
POLL DU JOUR
• 76 percent of Americans would approve illegal immigrants eventually becoming legal American citizens if they pay off fines or back taxes, pass a security background check, and “take other required steps.”
• 64 percent favor a “path to citizenship” for illegal immigrants to eventually become citizens.
• 54 percent of Americans say immigration “strengthens” the United States.
• 51 percent say illegal immigrants can apply for citizenship after living in the U.S. for five years.
• 33 percent say neither political party is competent dealing with immigration issues.
• 26 percent say Democrats best handle immigration, 21 percent say both parties can handle it, 19 percent cite Republicans.
Source: An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll of 1,000 U.S. adults conducted April 5 to 8 and released Thursday.
• Tip line always open at email@example.com.