- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
‘War on coal’ may burn EPA nominee; GOP senators question Gina McCarthy’s record
But she was largely mum on what steps the EPA would take to continue that fight. With congressional action unlikely, Mr. Obama has said he would take executive action in the effort, including directing the EPA to enact further regulations.
Ms. McCarthy said “common-sense steps” would continue and promised “opportunities for mitigating carbon pollution going forward.”
She will be the most controversial member of the White House’s revamped energy and environmental team. No date has been set for a Senate vote on her confirmation.
Sally Jewell on Wednesday was confirmed by a strong bipartisan vote to be interior secretary. Ernest Moniz, the president’s nominee to head the Energy Department, skated through a confirmation hearing Tuesday.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Democrats urge courts to clear NSA phone-records intelligence collection program
- White House announces delegation for winter Olympics
- Apple, Google, Facebook tell Obama: Rein in government snooping
- Obama envious of 'House of Cards'
- Obama administration refuses to negotiate on debt ceiling increase
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- ISTOOK: Enlarging his rule, shrinking the Constitution
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- 5 million fall into Obamacare coverage gap
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow