- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Barca-Bayern, Madrid-Dortmund in Champions League
Seeking its fourth title in eight years, Barcelona opens at Bayern on April 23 in a matchup of runaway league leaders, then hosts the second leg on May 1. Real Madrid starts at Dortmund on April 24 and is home on April 30.
The draw avoided a rematch of the foul-filled 2011 semifinal between the Spanish powers, won by Barcelona on 3-1 aggregate.
Real Madrid defeated defending champion Dortmund 2-0 in the 1998 semifinals, winning the first leg 2-0 at home.
“I don’t have to repeat that Real is a difficult opponent, but from the three possible opponents Real is the only one we’ve beaten this season,” Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp said.
The winners meet in the final on May 25 at London’s Wembley Stadium, where Barcelona beat Manchester United in the 2011 final.
In the second-tier Europa League, Chelsea meets Basel and Fenerbahce plays Benfica. The Swiss and Turkish teams are hosts for the first leg April 25, and the second legs are May 2.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again