- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
Fan meets Bob Seger after awakening from semi-coma
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – The first words of a 79-year-old Michigan woman as she emerged from a five-year semi-coma were, “I want to go to a Bob Seger concert.” And now her wish has come true.
The Flint Journal reports that Evie Branan cheered, threw her hands in the air and danced during Mr. Seger’s concert Thursday night at the Palace of Auburn Hills. She also met Mr. Seger and his family, talked with crew and band members and received VIP treatment.
Ms. Branan is from Flint Township. She called the night “the happiest I’ve been in a long time.”
After suffering a stroke that left Ms. Branan unable to speak, move or eat on her own, she became a resident of Willowbrook Manor’s long-term care unit. She awoke from the semi-coma on May 7, 2011.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Details on ships, planes searching for missing jet
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again