- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
Durant fined $25,000 by NBA for ‘menacing gesture’
NEW YORK (AP) - The NBA fined Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant $25,000 on Friday for making a “menacing gesture,” when he pretended to slice his throat after throwing down a big dunk during the Thunder’s victory against the Golden State Warriors.
The play that led to Durant’s costly celebration occurred with about 1:45 left in the second quarter of Oklahoma City’s 116-97 win at Golden State.
Thunder guard Russell Westbrook blocked Stephen Curry’s layup, and Durant corralled the ball and went in for a soaring dunk at the other end of the court. He then made throat-slashing gesture and crossed his hands in prayer.
“Kill `em and pray for `em after the game,” Durant said.
“It’s nothing against the team I’m playing against,” Durant added. “Come out with a mindset and be friends after the game.”
Durant apologized before Friday night’s 106-90 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers.
“If I offended anybody, I’m sorry for that,” he told The Oklahoman. “I was just going out there and having fun playing the game.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.