- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Guan wraps up memorable 1st Masters with 75
“It’s such a great week for me,” said Guan, the youngest player to make the cut at a major in the PGA era. “I learned a lot.”
Guan’s performance over four days was truly remarkable for the youngest player by far to play the Masters. He never had a three-putt on Augusta’s perilous greens _ well, he counts one from off the green _ and his worst hole was a bogey.
“I played pretty good,” he said. “I feel a little bit tired today. There are still a lot of things to improve. My short game’s good, but I still need to be better. My driver probably needs to be a little longer.”
Guan made a couple of birdies on the back side, but took a bogey at No. 17 after knocking at shot into a spectator’s plastic bag. At the final hole, he two-putted from about 40 feet for a 12-over 300, receiving a big cheer from the gallery and a handshake from Augusta National chairman Billy Payne.
Guan can’t take any prize money since he’s an amateur. But he’ll get a silver cup as the only amateur to make the cut.
There are no plans to turn pro anytime soon.
“It won’t be too early because there are still a lot of things to learn, to improve,” Guan said. “So nothing to rush.”
Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.