- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
MASTERS WATCH: Another 10!
We’re seeing some low scores among the early finishers, perhaps an indication that the greens aren’t as tough as usual on an overcast day. Michael Thompson shot a 5-under 67, Ryan Moore and Ryo Ishikawa posted 68s, and Keegan Bradley turned in a 69 _ 13 shots better than the day before. Get ready: It could be quite a shootout among the leaders.
It was a forgettable Masters for Lefty. Phil Mickelson closed a tough week with 1-over 73 in the final round. That leaves him at 9-over 297 _ his second-worst score in the 20 times he’s made the Masters cut. The only year he went higher was in 2007, when Mickelson shot a 299 in much tougher conditions.
BACK TO SCHOOL
It’s back to homework for 14-year-old Guan Tianlang. After closing with a 75 for a 12-over total at the Masters, Guan says he’s got some studying to do, including math, science, history and English. As for his first Augusta experience, he says “the whole week was great for me. I really enjoyed it and had fun.”
GUAN FINISHES 12 OVER
Guan Tianlang has made history. The 14-year-old eighth-grader from China, who is the youngest player to make the cut at the Masters, shot a 3-over par 75 on Sunday and finished the tournament 12 over.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again