- LAPD admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
- U.S. clears sale of $680 million in Black Hawk helicopters to Mexico
- Justice Dept.’s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
MASTERS WATCH: Another 10!
We’re seeing some low scores among the early finishers, perhaps an indication that the greens aren’t as tough as usual on an overcast day. Michael Thompson shot a 5-under 67, Ryan Moore and Ryo Ishikawa posted 68s, and Keegan Bradley turned in a 69 _ 13 shots better than the day before. Get ready: It could be quite a shootout among the leaders.
It was a forgettable Masters for Lefty. Phil Mickelson closed a tough week with 1-over 73 in the final round. That leaves him at 9-over 297 _ his second-worst score in the 20 times he’s made the Masters cut. The only year he went higher was in 2007, when Mickelson shot a 299 in much tougher conditions.
BACK TO SCHOOL
It’s back to homework for 14-year-old Guan Tianlang. After closing with a 75 for a 12-over total at the Masters, Guan says he’s got some studying to do, including math, science, history and English. As for his first Augusta experience, he says “the whole week was great for me. I really enjoyed it and had fun.”
GUAN FINISHES 12 OVER
Guan Tianlang has made history. The 14-year-old eighth-grader from China, who is the youngest player to make the cut at the Masters, shot a 3-over par 75 on Sunday and finished the tournament 12 over.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014