- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Weiner’s political audacity
That lascivious New York weasel, former Rep. Anthony D. Weiner, proves once again that when it comes to audacity beyond chutzpah, this pathetic Brooklyn-born “bon vivant” is tough to beat (“Ex-Rep. Anthony Weiner eyes comeback as NYC mayor,” Web, Wednesday). What? He’s actually planning on slithering back to the New York City mayor’s ballot, this time for a shameless stab at a political encore. I smell eau de Democrat, something similar to the fragrance worn by former D.C. Mayor Marion Barry.
Whereas President Clinton’s impeachment-worthy dalliances may have been saved from a greater litany of ridicule and vilification because it was prior to the advent of social-media giants such as Facebook, WikiLeaks and Twitter, Mr. Weiner’s self-imposed, limited-edition crotch shots bore him no such dumb luck. Just as strange, coincidentally, is that Mr. Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, was deputy chief of staff and aide to then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, the missus of ‘Slick Willie.’ Now there’s a foursome.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults